Monday, February 14, 2011

Well it IS Valentine's Day...

... and I couldn't quite let the day go by without expressing some love and gratitude to the many people who are helping and supporting me, both with CJ in particular, and my goal of becoming an SFX artist in general.

(Those with low tolerance for 'mush' may wish to leave now ... ;) )

I want to thank everyone from my parents who don't mind the fact they have 3 ft of Prawnling sitting in the middle of their basement to the many friends and colleagues who've offered their advice and expertise on any number of items I've needed to pick their brains about.

In addition I have a WONDERFUL set of "cheerleaders" who are always ready with just the right words of encouragement, right at the moment I'm starting to doubt myself. I couldn't do this without you guys!

And for this particular project I do have to thank one particular person. She goes by many names but I like to call her "my best friend" ;)

From the beginning, when I was waffling over getting going, I would get emails saying "Are you working on CJ yet?" She offers a constant sounding board for all sorts of ideas (crazy or otherwise - like the one about starting this blog!) and has listened to me rant and rave and cheer. I couldn't ask for a better "Bestest Prawn Pal" ;)

And speaking of this blog... I have to say I've surprised myself. I debated with myself for weeks over whether I was going to bother with it or not (I figured CJ would be enough work on his own) but now that we're a few weeks in I'm finding I'm really enjoying the process of doing the blog in and of itself. I find I come out of my workshop all excited about writing down my thoughts on CJ for the day.

CJ (and the blog) are both rapidly becoming a true labour of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment