Thursday, November 24, 2011

I've Been Silent - But Not Idle!

Wow – what a year!

Remember how I mentioned before that I was moving? Oh wait – I didn’t?

Yes, around the time my sister got married, and my father became seriously ill, my family was also preparing to move. And not just to a different house – to an entirely different city!

However, amidst all the sorting and purging/packing of every item I own, I did manage to sneak in some CJ time. But only enough to either work on the sculpt OR update this blog – not both. Guess what won in the end?

So even though the last time you saw CJ he looked roughly like this:



The last time I saw him he looked like this:



Right down to his cute little Prawn-toes!

Actually that’s a bit of a fib. Last time I saw CJ he looked more like this:





All chopped up and packed in a big Rubbermaid box… :(


Poor CJ!

That’s STILL a bit of a fib since I DID manage to liberate CJ from said Rubbermaid box, (he survived with only minor injuries) in the space in my aunt & uncle’s basement that they are graciously allowing me to use as a workshop.

However right after I did that I went back to my hometown to help shoot a short film

… and promptly tripped on set and broke my right wrist.

*headdesk*

( Yeah, yeah, Angry!Wikus I know. Trust me - I WISH I were making this up)

In fact, I broke said wrist SO badly it needed surgery. I now have The Right Cast Of Doom and although I’m getting by pretty well I’ve found I can’t do anything, like writing or drawing, that takes any sort of fine precision (so sculpting is pretty much out too :P ).

So for the next week or two while I wait to get this cast off I’ll be getting stuff caught up with the blog here (I did have some very cool fun adventures in addition to the frustrating work-stopping ones ;P) and then we’ll be all set to face a new round of Prawn puppet building!

No comments:

Post a Comment